Then there is my favorite: the fire-crazy Pyro. Armed with his flame thrower and fire ax he runs around the map spewing flame, igniting and chopping up enemies. Better yet, through his Pyrovision Goggles he sees a world a different reality, one with no death, balloons everywhere, and bubbles flying from his flamethrower. This view of reality makes him even more dangerous, turning any remorse into joy, and making him hard to scare or taunt when in a world of floating unicorns and candy suckers.
As the old saying goes, "When you play with fire, you are going to have fun."*
Here is the Pyro in action:
Here he is in Savage Worlds. Flame on!
Name: The Pyro
Race: Human (Inhuman?)
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d8, Notice d6, Shooting d10, Swimming d4, Throwing d6
Pace: 6, Parry: 6, Toughness: 5(2); 9(6) vs. fire, Charisma: 0,
- Flamethrower d10 (2d10, Special)
- Incendiary Pistol d10 (2d6 fire, 12/24/48)
- Firefighter Axe d8 (Str+d8),
- Fire Retardant Suit: (+2/+6 versus fire)
- Pyrovision Goggles: Immune to fear, taunts and intimidation.
- Muffled Voice (Major Hindrance): The Fire Retardant Suit covers the head, making it real hard for the Pyro's voice to be understood. Any character who hears him must make a Smarts -2 roll to understand what was said.
- Combat Reflexes
- Dead Shot
- Improved Extraction
* Actually, you will also get burned, probably badly. So kids, no playing with fire. Thanks.